Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby Bird, The Ice Cream Man & Rob

Just a nice day.  No news, nothing good, nothing bad, just medicine, sleep, poop, breathing, friends, ice cream and music.

If you couldn't guess, Jim is the Baby Bird, John is dishing it up and thus is the Ice Cream Man and for the life of me, I can't think of a nick name for Rob that works, so he is just Rob and that's enough.

Thanks to Audrey who called to say nice things, the guys for showing up and hanging out through all the fuss a day on the BMT ward entails and for letting me yabber myself silly.  You were very, very generous.

We had Josephina as our nurse today.  27 years of experience here at City of Hope and she is amazing.  Olga was our PCA.  Again she and I found a way to laugh over the most ridiculous things.  People accuse us of tippling, but no, we just have the same weird streak of humor.

Jim is handling the Foscarnet fine.  I need to correct an earlier post- Foscarnet is the only drug he will be getting to treat the HHV-6 virus; he will not be taking Cidofovir.  The nephrologist, Dr. Khilnani, has a close eye on Jim's kidneys and is okay with what he sees for now.  The pneumonia is increased over the last x-ray, but so has the Ablecet, so we hope to keep the bad boy fungus in a corner.




Time to sleep.  Rita, I'll call you tomorrow.

2 comments: